Skywood Equestrian Centre offer Private and Group Riding lessons from Beginner to Advanced, 2 years to Adult as well as agistment.
Our mission is to help everyone enjoy learning and to help people enjoy learning especially about horses and horse riding.
Services provided by the business
- Competitive training
- Courses for beginners
- Follow-up courses
- Riding for children
- Riding for young
- Riding lessons for adults
- Riding lessons for special groups
- Riding on ponies
- Special courses
- Working Equitation
- Indoor stables
- Outdoor arena
- Outdoor stables
- In hand riding
- PCA Accredited Centre
Businesses own rules and practices
1. Please take notice of the opening hours of the stable. During the open hours the staff is at the stable to help you. Information you get from the staff is essential for everybodys safety.
2. Calm and composed behaviour is essential around horses. Horses are flight animals that can spook at sudden movements and loud noises.
3. It is not allowed to enter the stable without permission. Entering the paddocks and pastures is also prohibited without permission. Do not approach or pat horses in paddocks or stables. Dogs are not allowed at Skywood Equestrian Centre.
4. Feeding is planned carefully for each horse individually. Feeding extra could risk horses health or change horses behaviour, that is why nothing should be fed to horses without staffs permission.
5. Every horse has it´s own, fitted tack. Store the tack in right places so they are not used on a wrong horse. If there is a certain place for the tack, for example a rack or a holder, place the bridle and saddle on them while tacking the horse. Expensive equipment lying on the ground can get broken or cause danger if tangled at the feet of horses or human. Ask the staff for additional information if needed. Do not fasten the horse from the mouthpiece. You can place a halter on top of the bridle and after that fasten the horse according to instructions.
6.While handling the horses, be aware of the surroundings and try to anticipate and avoid situations that may cause danger to yourself, the horse or the others. Ask questions without hesitation or prejudice, attend courses, trainings and events organized by your stable in order to learn more about horses and handling of horses.
1. You must arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of your scheduled lesson time, dressed and ready.
2. Prior to your lesson start time, check the length of your stirrups
1. Ride only in designated areas, being the round yard, rectangular arena and obstacle training area (grassed area north of arena).
2. No horse to be ridden or led in car park.
3. Horses to be ridden at least 2 horse distances from each other.
4. Riders must wear safety standard approved helmet and riding boots, appropriate long pants, sun safe top (preferred collared with sleeves, no singlets). No hooded jumpers/tops.
5. For safety, no jewellery is to be worn
6. Obey all instructions and directions given.
7. Replace all riding obstacles within the grassed arena after riding so that other riders will not be inconvenienced.
8. Horses are not the be lunged amongst ridden horses. Lunge horses in separate areas.
9. Horses must be supervised and kept under control at all times when not in their own paddock.
10. Do not tie horses to mesh fences.
11. Do not tie horses to inside of arena fences.
1. Do not litter. Put all food wrappers and rubbish in “red lid” garbage bin. Do not eat around the horses.
2. Leave area neat and tidy.
3. Smoking is prohibited as we adhere to a clean air policy.
Alcohol and Drugs
1. No drugs prohibited by law, are to be brought onto or consumed on the property.
2. Anyone under the influence of prohibited drugs or excessive alcohol will be refused entry to the property.
3. No alcohol is to be consumed before or whilst riding.
STALLIONS ARE POTENTIALLY AGGRESSIVE ANIMALS
1. No horses or people are permitted in the vicinity of stallion yards and do not tie your horse near a stallion.
2. Do not allow your horse to graze with other horses, or where other horses are being ridden.
3. Do not ride in areas where horses are grazing.
4. Horses are to be tied in prearranged, designated areas or left to graze in their designated paddock.
5. No riding in grazing paddocks as it will destroy the pasture.
6. Do not feed, handle or ride other people’s horses without permission.
1. Remove all manure and rubbish.
2. Do not leave horses in wash bay.
3. Allow 5 minutes to wash a horse.
4. Careful use of water. Save water, save the environment. Turn the tap off when not in use.
No dogs are to be permitted on property. If for any reason a dog is needed to be transported, it must remain in the vehicle. Under no circumstances is it permitted to run loose on the property.
Do not approach the Farm Dog.
Leave gates as you find them, unless there is an obvious problem that needs rectifying and you need to make a situation safe. Please notify if there is a problem by phoning Ellen 0428 609 152 or leaving a message on notice board.
No mustering of horses by horses being ridden. If horses are to be moved, it must be done by persons on foot.
All visiting riders must be inducted. They must be aware of the site rules and approved by management. A waiver must be signed and a use of facility fee paid.
Every visitor/customer to SKYWOOD EQUESTRIAN CENTRE must sign a waiver, otherwise permission to enter is denied.
Bookings are essential so as to avoid over-crowding of facilities and for safety and security of personal possessions and horses of all concerned.
A current fee is due per day session per horse. This covers the use of facilities and riding areas.
No instruction to be given except by management, or unless approved by management.
Aggressive & Abusive Behaviour is unacceptable.
Our aim is to provide a peaceful, safe and happy place of you to enjoy your horse.
Any problems with any other clients should be reported immediately to Ellen so the issue can be resolved and harmony can be maintained. Any unpleasant behaviour toward other persons is better left unsaid. Aggressive or abusive behaviour will not be tolerated. Any person doing so will be asked to leave the property immediately.
Children under 18 years of age must be supervised at all times either by parent, guardian or instructor.
The stables are a restricted area. Do not enter unless authorised.
Licensed drivers only to drive vehicles on the property.